Hi! I'm Iacopo and I'm a physicist with a strong interest in applied sciences. My research deals with Complex Networks, Data Science and their application to the study and modeling of social and urban systems.
I received my PhD from the School of Mathematical Sciences at Queen Mary University of London, where I worked within the Complex Systems and Networks Research Group. I also worked at the Centre de Physique Théorique of Aix-Marseille University, at the Urban Dynamics Lab of the Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA), UCL, and at The Alan Turing Institute as part of the enrichment doctoral scheme. Previously, I worked at the ISI Foundation in Turin and as a data science intern at United Nations UPU in Bern.
Some selected publications:
- B. Steinegger, I. Iacopini, A. S. Teixeira, A. Bracci, P. Casanova-Ferrer, A. Antonioni & E. Valdano, Non-selective distribution of infectious disease prevention might outperform risk-based targeting, Nature Communications, 13, 3028 (2022)
- I. Iacopini, G. Petri, A. Baronchelli & A. Barrat, Group interactions modulate critical mass dynamics in social convention, Communications Physics, 5, 64 (2022) -- [6min recap]
- G. Di Bona, E. Ubaldi, I. Iacopini, B. Monechi, V. Latora & V. Loreto, Social interactions affect discovery processes, arXiv:2202.05099 (2022)
- G. St-Onge, I. Iacopini, V. Latora, A. Barrat, G. Petri, A. Allard, L. Hébert-Dufresne, Influential groups for seeding and sustaining nonlinear contagion in heterogeneous hypergraphs, Communications Physics, 5, 25 (2022)
- F. Battiston, E. Amico, A. Barrat, G. Bianconi, G. F. de Arruda, B. Franceschiello, I. Iacopini, S. Kéfi, V. Latora, Y. Moreno, M. M. Murray, T. P. Peixoto, F. Vaccarino, G. Petri, The physics of higher-order interactions in complex systems, Nature Physics, 17 1093-1098 (2021)
- I. Iacopini, & V. Latora, On the dual nature of adoption processes in complex networks, Frontiers in Physics, 9, 109 (2021)
- I. Iacopini, G. Di Bona, E. Ubaldi, V. Loreto & V. Latora, Interacting discovery processes on complex networks, Physical Review Letters, 125(24), 248301 (2020) -- [4min recap][research highlight][PRL cover]
- F. Battiston, G. Cencetti, I. Iacopini, V. Latora, M. Lucas, A. Patania, J.-G. Young & G. Petri, Networks beyond pairwise interactions: structure and dynamics, Physics Reports, 874, 1-92 (2020) -- [3min recap]
- Iacopini, I., Petri, G., Barrat, A., & Latora, V., Simplicial models of social contagion, Nature Communications, 10(1), 1-9 (2019)
- Iacopini, I., Milojević, S., & Latora, V., Network dynamics of innovation processes, Physical Review Letters, 120(4), 048301 (2018)